Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm craving.....

I used to think I didn't really get cravings when I was pregnant... In fact the majority of both of my pregnancies, I can't even think about food with out throwing up. BUT, I've been reading through the pregnancy journals I've been keeping (yes, I LOVE a good pregnancy journal) and I have discovered a pattern of favorite foods on my mind...

With Ashton it was all about the fruit...yogurt with fruit, watermelon, apple slices, pinneapple chunks, peaches and oranges. Then towards the end I became obsessed with mini frozen pepperoni pizzas...


But with this little one...I want veggies, fish and ice cream?!Broccoli is up pretty high up there too, but baby carrots I eat everyday. I can't get enough. I could eat the whole bag right now.Usually it's fish tacos or salmon, but this soup has been stuck in my mind for years... and now I'm thinking about it everyday, creamy lobster soup, from the Coral Reef restaurant at Epcot, Disney world. It's one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted.Cheesy olive bread. Oh, how I dream of you.... this recipe is from thepioneerwoman.com. It's sinful.
Smores! This craving has been consistent for months now...
And last but not least, the ice cream! I just started being able to tolerate dairy products again, so, ice cream is on my mind... the local ice cream man drives by my house every night playing "It's a small world" and when I hear him coming I just want to cry happy pregnant tears as I imagine eating this Mississippi Mud ice cream sandwich...

So many delicious foods out there...
I'm enjoying being able to eat again and I'm catching up fast (as you can see).

3 comments:

Cam and Chelle said...

YUM! I always want BBQ sauce on EVERYTHING!

Kris said...

Fun to eat again! Happy for you, dearie

JR and Summer said...

Hey at least your wanting some healthy things too! They even each other out right? :) I love food myself and i'm not even having a baby! ;)