Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creepy crawlers

I never mentioned my late night visitor... It was 3am and Aiden was ready to eat...
I woke up, rubbed my eyes and placed my bare feet onto the bedroom floor, it was then that I noticed movement near the crib. I did a double take to find this huge, fast, creepy creature.
I grabbed a nearby cup and covered it quickly near my bedside! Luckily, it only took me one try.
The whole night I worried it would escape and jump into my bed for revenge!
But, thankfully, when the morning came it was still underneath the cup. Andrew took it outside to release it and snap a picture, but then he accidentally killed it.
We did some research and found out it was a Camel Spider--actually not really a spider, not quite a scorpion, it's something in between!!
And the next day...there was ANOTHER ONE! ICk!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that stinken picture sent shivers down my spine, i think i would'a peed my pants, you are a brave woman.

Kris said...

I read this post with my hand over my mouth so as not to shriek!

Jan's Blog said...

I'd be packing, looking for a new place to live...staying in a hotel at night...but that's just me. OH MY GOODNESS HOW DID YOU HAVE THE STRENGTH TO STOP AND TAKE A PICTURE?