Friday, November 9, 2012

BIG (5 pc) Day!!


I woke up this morning and it was dark and cold and 8:30!! I slept in!! I looked over and saw Aiden still sound asleep and realized Ashton hadn't come in to wake me up? Could it be, I woke up before him?! Impossible. :) 

It was impossible, he's always the first one awake. He was sprawled out on the couch, wrapped in a spiderman blanket, perfectly content. We cuddled for a few minutes and he told me about the dream he'd had. 

An hour or two later, a special treat! A phone call from my sister, Rachel!! :) We chatted about Christmas and babies--- and then a magical thing happened, (I think because of her) It started to SNOW!!



 Like, alot! 
We had fun jumping, running, throwing, eating and falling in the snow.
Then I DROVE IT! For the first time ever!

I felt like a grown up.
I could drive in snow!
No big deal. :)

But the BEST part of this magical day comes in 5 pieces..... 

A KITCHEN TABLE!



We haven't had one for years now....
Don't feel sorry for me, haha, or judge me for that matter! :)
I mean, what kind of family doesn't have a kitchen table?  ...ITS A LONG STORY!! But, yes, it was getting ridiculous without one.
Partly because, in the space where the table should've been, we have had, um, a power wheel, a large model train table or exercise equipment (haha, luckily not all at the same time)! 
Needless to say its been a long time coming and I am thrilled!

Awwwweee! I cant wait to sit down and eat dinner as a family. 

Time to reshape habits and start memories! 

2 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

The family dinner is a special tradition, not followed by many families anymore, and having a table really does enhance the experience! I wish more families sat down to dinner each night as a family. This is a tradition that will serve you well and make for many happy memories.

Anonymous said...

Awww i love your table!! what an awesome day :) Love you so much!!
xoxo Rachel