Thursday, December 20, 2012

"KNOT Working Out"

So, I love the snow, hate the sun. Its pretty simple...

 But, this week the snow actually interfered with my life and for the first time, I saw its ugly side.

When I went to bed the night before the grass was green, the sky was clear and when I woke up it was pure white, like I walked through the mirror to a different world.
So, my Kickboxing class started at 9 am. I was motivated to get out that door and sweat on this cold morning. I put on my long warm workout pants.
Dressed the kids up, in warm layers and ran out the door at 8:54, yikes.

The maintenance guy at our complex, quit a few days ago, which I quickly remembered when I saw the sidewalks were covered and the streets were un~plowed. We tracked through the snow to our car, poor Aiden up to his knees, and it took us, like, 15 seconds each footstep, so maybe, 7 minutes total to get to our car? :)

THEN, I started scraping the thick 3 feet of snow of our car windows and doors. :) That took, another 7 minutes. I started to back out, but realized I still couldn't see! So, I stopped and scraped the back window better before heading out toward the entrance/exit of our community. Thats when I noticed 2 cars stuck, blocking the only way out! This was crazy. I found out they were ok and a tow truck was coming, but realized, my pants were not okay, they had literally frozen in knots and my shoes were inclosed above the knots, so I couldn't get my feet through my pants! 

It was like, 9:24 and I had to unload the kids and track back through the snow to change my pants!?argh! I got back inside my warm cozy house and thought, "this is just KNOT "working out" for me today. haha, see what I did there?

And I didn't leave it again for the rest of the day. :)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh scary/fun/terrible/amazing/funny!! yet another reason you need to start wearing boots over your pants sistaface!! ;) xox R